Updated as of February 3, 2023
Columbia Property Trust, Inc. (“Columbia,” “we” or “us”) values the privacy of your personal information and takes steps to safeguard it. One or more of our privacy policies may apply to you depending on your relationship with us.
- Information about how we collect, use and share information we collect online is addressed in our Online Privacy Notice.
- The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents privacy rights with respect to certain personal information. If you are a California resident, please visit our California Notice at Collection and Privacy Notice for more information.
From time to time, Columbia may update or revise these policies. If there are changes to the terms of these policies, documents containing the revised policy or policies on the relevant website(s) will be updated
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information We Collect Directly From You. You do not have to register or provide us with any personal information to use the Site and to browse the information on our Site. However, you may choose to provide some personal information (for example, your email address) in order to enable you to submit questions, comments and other information to us via our Site’s email query forms and/or to unsubscribe from email alerts. While you may choose to share additional personal information within the contents of the email query form, we encourage you to avoid placing your or anyone else’s sensitive personal information in your email query entries. You may unsubscribe from email alerts at any time by submitting your email address on the email alert page or clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the personal information we collect from you, including in aggregated form or in association with other information we collect about you, for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries and requests, and for other customer service purposes;
- To send periodic promotional or informational emails to you, as permitted by applicable law;
- To assist us in advertising our products and services on third-party websites;
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to users and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site;
- To evaluate how our users use the Site and to improve the Site, its performance, and overall user experience;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
If you have opted in to receiving promotional or informational emails from us, you may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take at least 20 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving promotional or informational emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
We may also analyze data we automatically collect from your visits in the aggregate for trends and statistics, but this information will be in aggregate form only and is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may share the personal information we collect about you, as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information is subject to this Policy;
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents to enable these entities to perform services for us as part of our normal business operations;
- Business Transfers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information is among the assets transferred;
- In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose the information we collect from you when necessary to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena; and
- Consent: We may also disclose the information we collect from you for other purposes, provided you have granted us consent to do so.
Further, we may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
When you interact with our Site, we strive to make your experience easy and meaningful. We do this by using cookies, clear GIFs, and/or similar technologies to track user activity and collect Site data.
Clear GIFs. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We and our third-party service providers may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags) in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of visitors, help us manage content and compile information about usage. We and our third-party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, to identify when our emails are viewed, and to track whether our emails are forwarded.
Your Choices. You may configure your browser to set preferences regarding cookies such that you can have your computer warn you each time a cookie is sent. Your Internet browser may permit you to opt-out of cookies, and you may delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some of our services may not function and certain pages may not display properly. While your browser may also allow you to send a “do not track” signal when you visit our Site, we do not modify our practices in response to this signal. We will continue to comply with this Policy whether or not your browser sends a “do not track” signal.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
To access and correct personal information that you have provided to us, please contact us at info@columbiareit.
Columbia recognizes the privacy interests of children, and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. This Site is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
We use procedural and technological measures, consistent with industry practice, that are designed to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Despite our efforts, however, no safeguards can guarantee that personal information transmitted via the Internet or stored in our systems or otherwise under our care will be absolutely safe from unauthorized use or intrusion from third parties, due to the inherent nature of the Internet.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Post: 1170 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 600, Atlanta, GA 30309