Effective Date: August 20, 2016
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information We Collect Directly From You. You do not have to register or provide us with any personally identifiable information to use the Site and to browse the information on our Site. However, you may choose to provide some personally identifiable information (for example, your email address) to enable you to submit questions, comments and other information to us via our Site’s email query forms. While you may choose to share additional personal information within the contents of the e-mail, we encourage you to avoid placing your or anyone else’s sensitive personal information in your e-mail queries.
We may use the information we collect from you in aggregated form or we may associate it with other personal information that we collect about you. We explain how we use and disclose the information we collect about you below.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may analyze data we automatically collect from your visits in the aggregate for trends and statistics, but this information will be in aggregate form only and is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person. In particular, we may use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To respond to inquiries and for other customer service purposes.
- To assist us in advertising our products and services on third-party websites.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to users and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site.
- To understand how users use our Site and services.
- For research and analytical purposes, including to better understand how users access and use our Site on an aggregated basis; to administer, monitor, and improve our Site; and for our internal purposes.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may share the information that we collect about you, including personal information (collectively, “information”), as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents to enable these entities to perform services for us as part of our normal business operations.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
We may also share your information for other purposes, provided you have granted us consent to do so.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We and our third-party service providers may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of visitors, help us manage content and compile information about usage. We and our third-party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Your Choices. You may configure your browser to set preferences regarding cookies such that you can have your computer warn you each time a cookie is sent. You can even opt to decline placement of cookies if your internet browser permits, though certain portions of the Site may be inaccessible to you if you choose to do so. You may, at any time, delete any cookies from your hard drive. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some of our services may not function and certain pages may not display properly. While your browser may also allow you to send a “do not track” signal when you visit our Site, we do not modify our practices in response to this signal. We will continue to comply with this Policy whether or not your browser sends a “do not track” signal.
We may use automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate usage of our Site. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate usage of our Site. We use these tools to help us improve our Site, its performance and overall user experience. We do not share your personal information with any of these third parties.
As permitted by applicable law, we may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 20 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Columbia recognizes the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Columbia does not target its services or this Site to children under 18. We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18 and this Site is not intended for children under the age of 18.
We use procedural and technological measures, consistent with industry practice, that are designed to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Despite our efforts, however, no safeguards can guarantee that personally identifiable information transmitted via the internet or stored in our systems or otherwise under our care will be absolutely safe from unauthorized use or intrusion from third parties, due to the inherent nature of the internet.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
You may have rights under applicable laws to receive a copy of the personal data in our possession about you. For a copy of your personal data that you are entitled to request, please contact us using the contact information above. We may charge you a nominal fee for complying with such a request, if permitted by law.
1170 Peachtree Street, Suite 600, Atlanta, GA 30309